Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted (edited) · Craftbot Flow IDEX XL vs S5

I love my S5 but I just picked up a contract worth ~3400 in the first phase and could be 10x that amount over the next year, the downside is the parts won’t fit on my S5, I am considering a Craftbot Flow IDEX XL, anyone have any first hand experiences with the flow specifically or Craftbot in general

Edited by Belezeebub
    • 2 months later...
    Posted · Craftbot Flow IDEX XL vs S5

I have an Ultimaker 3 Extended and just got a CraftBot Flow IDEX XL. I have it for 3 days and I'm pretty happy with it. Be aware that you need a very stable platform because of the heavy mass being accelerated at the top. I also printed special shock absorbers which help a lot.

I have been talking with Craftbot, I am not getting a warm or fuzzy feeling, been waiting on a quote for shipping for a week, I told them I wanted the Craftbot 3 which is instock because I didn't want to drop 4k on a machine I can find very limited reviews on, the salesman tried to Up-sell me to the Flow, and now a week later still waiting for the shipping quote because IMHO I told him I didn't want to drop 4k on untested/unreviewed... Wish Matterhackers had them in stock, they respond. 

My dealer here in Switzerland (3D-PrinterStore) is just minutes away from me and they have it in stock. They are very responsive and helpful. By the way, I just found out that with certain objects (e.g. Benchy), you get better results with Cura than with the Craftware-slicer.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:06 AM, ZzoyozZ said:

My dealer here in Switzerland (3D-PrinterStore) is just minutes away from me and they have it in stock. They are very responsive and helpful. By the way, I just found out that with certain objects (e.g. Benchy), you get better results with Cura than with the Craftware-slicer.

I just got a Craftbot 3, and I'm much more comfortable using Cura.  Might you be able to direct me to either a Cura profile or what parameters to enter to set it up as a custom printer?

Thanks in advance!