Remote hardware and app questions

jet3d

Posted · Remote hardware and app questions

Hi team!

I want to tap your knowledge if I may?

I want to set up a security camera via wifi and hardware that would allow me to shutdown the Ultimaker2 via remote or an app.

Have you guys got any recommendation?

Regards, Jet

I am using an UM1 and tried this two weeks ago but haven't got this to work yet.

Here is what I have found for my UM-1:

You will need a Computer running a some host software like OctoPrint or Pronterface (Cura can also act as a host but doesn't support Webinterface as far as i know).

A friend of mine is using a small webcam connected to a RasPi that runs Octoprint. Seems to work pretty well.

I intend to use a RasPi too, but just want to install a software that allows Videostreaming and connect to the Pi via SSH and use Cura as host. But i haven't yet got this to work because i have bad wifi-connectivity in my lab

I use it in combination with a good webcam (Logitech C920, Full HD quality) and have Skype set up to auto answer. It works pretty well.

I would like a wireless remote controlled motorised pan and tilt camera with the same resolution but I think it would be extremely expensive...so the Logitech is good value.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies