Remote hardware and app questions

jet3d

Posted · Remote hardware and app questions

Hi team!

I want to tap your knowledge if I may?

I want to set up a security camera via wifi and hardware that would allow me to shutdown the Ultimaker2 via remote or an app.

Have you guys got any recommendation?

Regards, Jet

I am using an UM1 and tried this two weeks ago but haven't got this to work yet.

Here is what I have found for my UM-1:

You will need a Computer running a some host software like OctoPrint or Pronterface (Cura can also act as a host but doesn't support Webinterface as far as i know).

A friend of mine is using a small webcam connected to a RasPi that runs Octoprint. Seems to work pretty well.

I intend to use a RasPi too, but just want to install a software that allows Videostreaming and connect to the Pi via SSH and use Cura as host. But i haven't yet got this to work because i have bad wifi-connectivity in my lab

I use it in combination with a good webcam (Logitech C920, Full HD quality) and have Skype set up to auto answer. It works pretty well.

I would like a wireless remote controlled motorised pan and tilt camera with the same resolution but I think it would be extremely expensive...so the Logitech is good value.