Top layer

johan

Hi

I have a problem with top layer not being totaly filled.

I have redused the acceleration settings in Marlin to 1000 ( from 3000) and that helped a bit, but still not good. The filament is squized out to about 0.9mm, but there is stil a gap of about 0.4 mm between each tread.

The perimeters and loops is perfect, so I dont think that I suffer from under extrution.

It looks like the hotend moves to fare from the previous tread....

This is my settings:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55953222/Settings.JPG

Johan

Please post a picture of the ".4mm gaps".

This could be caused by many things. The most likely is something called backlash which has the tell-tale pattern of every other line is touching, and then a gap (touching/gap/touching/gap repeats across the top). There are many things that cause backlash - the easiest to check is belt tension - usually short belts:

Here is a photo showing backlash and how it was fixed:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1872-some-calibration-photographs/?p=14396

The very next post explains what causes the pattern.

Hi,

Thought I had my shortbelts nice and tight, but....

I have covered the printer with a large plastic sheet, to create a heated champer, so I guess the wood have dried out and loosened the bolts for the steppers.

I will run a new print tomorrow to se if the problem is solved, but I really think you nailed it!

Thank you!

Johan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies