Kelson

Material Station

Posted · Material Station

I don't post much.   Not sure if I am missing something at this point. 

Seems to be an issue with the Material Station during the depriming process.  The printer seem not to be able to deprime CF Nylon.  It appears the algorithm is too low, the material is too strong and the machine then locks up.  I just recently had it occur on a Tough PLA as well.   So here are my questions.

1.  Anyone successfully depriming CF Nylon?  OK how?

2.  Do we have access to controls or settings for the priming and depriming prcesses?

It appears to me that the machine controls this through the firmware and the material selection.  The algorithm itself appears to have too cold a temperature on the cold pull.  Seems to me it would make more sense to error of the side of a poor cold pull then an machine reboot.  

Appreciate the feedback.   I am sure the team is working on these issues and they will be resolved, but need to see what others are seeing.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Survey: Understanding your workflow
      Interact with future concepts and aim to collect your feedback and opinion. In particular, if this would/could be a welcome addition to your 3D printing workflow. Interested?
      • 0 replies
    • Coronavirus: Let's do our part
      Through this post I would like to further explain what we are doing, and what you could be doing. 
      Our efforts consist of 2 layers. First; connect medical institutions and hospitals to (local) 3D Printing hubs to help them print parts of which a 3D model already exists. And second, contribute to design the necessary part and then have it printed via a (local) 3D printing hub. Experts are available from within Ultimaker and from within our network of 3D printing experts.
      • 53 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!