walk5

Cura with Kubuntu

Posted · Cura with Kubuntu

I am just downloaded and installed Cura 4.6 (I believe). I am using it with Kubuntu 19.10 and a Robo R1+. It is running well.

Is there a way to change the interface? The font on Cura is so very tiny. All the numbers and words. I increased to display font and it messed up the font on Cura. boxes and words are not lining up.

One other thing. I am not sure if Cura can help this. I put a gcode file on a flashdrive and print from a tablet with gcode simulator app. When I start the print, it moves the nozzle down then stops. The notifications says "Timeout waiting for serial response at line #18(10025ms)". This happens for a few minutes then shows this again. Thenit does the same thing with line 19 and 20. All three lines twice. Then when line 21 comes it starts moving again and the print finishes great. What could be causing the pausing?

I am sorry if this is not the right place for this. I hope it is.

Posted · Cura with Kubuntu

Hi, I don't know about the font issue but for the other thing, could you please attach the gcode file to this thread so we can see what it contains. Thanks.