Ultimaker Connect showing printer as firmware update when up to date

Posted · Ultimaker Connect showing printer as firmware update when up to date

Hi,

I have two S5's set up in a group and the 2nd printer in the group as started to show it needs a firmware update, even know its on the latest version still. This as happed before and i remade the printer group and reset connect, but its come back again. Doing a firmware update via print does not fix it and it still shows it needing a update even know on latest version.

2049106261_Screenshot2020-03-25at07_52_22.thumb.png.507d3cc14ecee59e9554f22e8aa054eb.png

Hi,

Would you be able to extract the printer logs via the display to USB and upload them here or send them in a private message? That'll help us debugging what is going on.

1 hour ago, ctbeke said:

Hi,

Would you be able to extract the printer logs via the display to USB and upload them here or send them in a private message? That'll help us debugging what is going on.

Hi,

Will do, just got a print running right now, so will do it once its done in about 4 hour 🙂

Hi,

I've received an update from one of the team members:

I've gone through the logs. Connect is detecting and reporting an available FW update for the 'stable' channel, but the printer is set to use the 'testing' channel. The latest FW version on the test channel is some crusty old version. When a FW update is attempted via Connect it fails because there is nothing new available on 'testing'.

Setting the printer to use the 'stable' FW channel would be enough to fix the problem.

Hopefully that'll help you out!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, ctbeke said:

Hi,

Will take a look into it thanks, in a few days when the print is done thats running now 🙂

On 3/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, ctbeke said:

Hi,

My printer is using the stable firmware already and i can not see any other settings apart from to update to latest firmware what the printer is already on.

Do you have both printers on the stable channel?

Maybe re-installing the latest firmware from the stable channel (and then rebooting) helps?

2 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Do you have both printers on the stable channel?

Maybe re-installing the latest firmware from the stable channel (and then rebooting) helps?

Rebooting the group host printer has made the firmware update notice go away on the 2nd printer in the group.

• Like 1