HELP

emmavader1

Hi im new here having a bit of trouble with Cura 4.4 its a little hard t o explain
but when i go to preview a sliced model all that is in view is support and the model  its self
 does not load in as sliced. does anyone know how to solve the issue

there is an image attached of the issue i have a couple of model 
that have done this to me and would like to know to sort them out 

2020-03-27 (1).png

1 minute ago, nallath said:

It's probably a non-manifold model. Could you run it though an online checker (or download the mesh tools plugin from the marketplace)

any pointers as to what checker i should use sounds really stupid i know 

What software are you using for cad?  If it's sketchup or blender I can help you with fixing the model.

You can look at the model in cura in xray mode - if you see any red then that's the issue - you can zoom in and pan around until you understand it better.

You can fix any model with the netfab free service online.  You have to create an account but it's free.

I'm not sure where there are mesh tools to check your model.  Try googling around a bit.  Meshmixer is free and has some features for fixing non-manifold models but I haven't tried that feature yet.

It could be that your model is fine (manifold) and you simply have model walls thinner than 0.8mm.  This is common with architectural models where there are lots of very thin walls.  If that's the problem then it's easily fixed with certain cura settings.  You could test for this by setting line width to 0.1mm just briefly to see if that fixes your issue.