Doodle3D wifi box

nachokaos

Posted · Doodle3D wifi box

Finally it arrives,and it works i guess much better in a short time.

first impressions are good,have to work as an acces point now but it works i mean its a quick and clean connection to the printer, right now the firmware was much basic just make doodles think rick make a big update soon with some improvements

like a necessary option to make the walls thicker and some streecht goals of the kickstarter campain, first i run a few fail prints with settings from ultimaker(1) mine its UM2,also doodle3d take total control of the machine so after hit print you can not modify nothing from ulticontroller (during print)

i change some settings but i cant test it out yet, be printing some other stuff now.

let you some photos of the box and a no test configuration of course any suggestions and coments are very wellcome.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Got mine a while ago. Already make a test script to try out wireless printing (WIP)

All my attempts at connecting it to our wireless network have failed most of the time. I did manage to keep it connected long enough to install the 0.9.9 update.

For the UM2, make sure to adjust the end-gcode that there is a larger Z lift in there, else the head could hit the glass plate clip.

cannot make it work with this settings its a big space bettwen layers after the 2nd or 3rd at 30mm/s and looks like underextrussion too.

can be connect trow lan to the router to update it or must be only by wireless

Updates need to be done wireless. The LAN port acts as a router, not as a client. I'm sure you could hack around this in the linux platform. I know the root password, but I'm not sure if that should be public knowledge or not. If you want it, I can PM it to you.

I didn't do a lot of tests with it, but they have used the UM2 at Doodle3D. But no idea at possible extrusion issues.

De Kaasfabriek got it too and it was running almost the whole afternoon, while we where building 5 Ultimakers. I showed a shy 5 year old kid how it works and he was The Man whole day, explaining how it works to the visitors, which included a 90 year old Grande Dame also:)

I see some difference. I told mine the filament is 2.85 and the printhight 0.1mm. The speed could be higher also the temperature. Mine was set at 230ºC automatically.

Not much tinkering, but maybe it'll make the difference. We where printing with UM's white PLA, some babyblue and black. The first layer should stick!! So try to adjust the bed to 0.1mm or less.

Have fun, the kids do (and all of the adults too:-D

Did anybody ever change the baudrate of the doodle3d box?

I can't get it to 230400 so I can upgrade my printer from ubuntu. The doodle3d tries 250000 and 115200.

The api documention http://www.doodle3d.com/help/api-documentation suggest that it would be possible.

I have been able to change for example the printer.temperature. But I am not able to change the baudrate since that is not an integer value but a string. I have no clue on how to do that. I get the following response

<form action="http://192.168.1.230/d3dapi/config" enctype="x-www-form-urlencoded" method="POST">

<textarea name="printer.baudrate">"250000"</textarea>

<input type="submit"/>

</form>

Then the response is

{"data":{"more_info":"http://doodle3d.com/api","substituted_ssid":"Doodle3D-B12C8C","substituted_wifiboxid":"Doodle3D-B12C8C","validation":{"printer.baudrate":"could not save setting ('Value isn't a valid int or float')"}},"status":"success"}

I guess I am missing some elementary html knowledge here but google did not help me yet.

So how do I do this?

I think you should remove the quotes from "250000", so just use 250000.

The box probably tries to convert this into an integer but fails because of them.

Thanks Blizz for the idea.

I even tried the following:

<form action="http://192.168.1.230/d3dapi/config" enctype="x-www-form-urlencoded" method="POST">

<input type="text" name="printer.baudrate" value="250000" </text>

<input type="submit"/>

</form>

With value=250000

Or in the popup edit the text from 250000 to "250000" but none seems to work... Other values seem to work.