Sudden loss of any connection options, ethernet not even registering as connected

Posted · Sudden loss of any connection options, ethernet not even registering as connected

Ive had numerous issues with getting and keeping my UMS3 connected since I got it earlier this year. While I have really enjoyed the print quality, the poor reliability in its connectivity makes it really hard to recommend. That said, I've been able to handle the infuriatingly random connection losses with a combination of trial and error or resets.

However, today after a number of prints with no issues, the machine has randomly lost connection to my computer, except this time, it wont register an ethernet connection at all and I cant start a wifi hotspot. I tried resetting, factory reset, etc, but since it wont even connect to my internet I cant download the new firmware. I've changed my Ethernet cable, switched where in the hub it connects to, zero dice. Yes, I reset the Cura connection,, nothing. It is like the internet functionality just decided to die suddenly.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any suggestions for how I can fix this? Is there any option to do a direct connection to my PC, something they really should have given how problematic their connectivity is via the other options.

Posted · Sudden loss of any connection options, ethernet not even registering as connected

My UM3 had been "dead" for months with printing from SD card was the only option. Same as you described, nothing could get it back on line again. Then a colleague started up Cura 3.6 and he got connected, printed and after that rest of us with latest Cura could connect too.

I have reported this and sent log files but not seen a fix yet.