Cura printing 4.5 Gcode not working

gass107

Posted · Cura printing 4.5 Gcode not working

Anyone have any idea as to why my 3D prints are being printed out in 2D layers? 

Below is the 3D image and what is being printed. 

I have the latest version of Cura 4.5.0 and the only Gcode I can find is for 4.0.0.  

my email is

gass107@gmail.com

I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days. Printing with an Anet a8 

Thank you for any information 

AA0D8194-C894-4722-9005-DF87DD30F6EA.png

9811A832-718D-4457-BACF-9DBF272521EB.jpeg

One of your axes is slipping.  I can't tell if it's the X axis (left to right) or the Y axis (front to back) but it's the axis that goes left/right in the lower picture.

This is usually caused by loose set screws on pulleys - those have to be tightened to the extreme.  Something is slipping somewhere in your hardware.  Ask other people who own the same type of printer as you do (what type of printer is that?)

@gr5

I am using an Anet a8 I just purchased. The software is cura 4.5.0. Im having trouble changing the x y x in the print settings and im thinking that may be the issue. The settings aren't letting me change the default settings as instructed in other videos I've seen. 

7 hours ago, gass107 said:

Im having trouble changing the x y x in the print settings and im thinking that may be the issue. The settings aren't letting me change the default settings as instructed in other videos I've seen. 

I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Your printer is defective.  I'm pretty sure.  Maybe it just needs a drop of oil but something is wrong.

So I looked up the A8.  You are slipping in the X direction (left/right).  It sounds like you don't believe me.  To prove it, mark the stepper motor shaft with a sharpie and mark the pulley.  Or just tighten the hell out of the set screw on that pulley.  If you use an L shaped allen wrench you want to tighten it with the long end going into the set screw and holding the short end of the L in your fingers.  It should hurt your fingers.  Tighten it very very tight.  The tool will almost twist a bit.

You are lucky - that pulley is very accessible.  On some printers you would have to take things apart just to get access to that pulley.

Also put a drop of oil on each of the two rods going through the head.  With power off, push the head around and feel the friction for reference for the future.

@gr5

So I did what you suggested. There isn't a loose screw or bolt or hex bolt on this entire printer now. Also made sure both x rods were level and at the same height. Printing and its doing the same exact thing. Called where I purchased the printer and they said the xyx code in the print settings is wrong and to re install the software with the correct start/end gcode. 

Well let us know what the "correct" start gcode is please so other's who have an A8 will know. 

BTW, Did you mark the stepper shaft and it's pulley like I suggested?  I have to tell you I have seen this issue many hundreds of times on this forum and it's usually a loose pulley and you wouldn't be the first person who took 3 tries before they finally tightened the correct pulley and did it tight enough to not slip.

It could be simply that the acceleration parameters for your X axis are set too high in Cura but by default Cura shouldn't be messing around with your printers acceleration settings.  Make sure "acceleration control" in Cura is unchecked.

I have no idea what "xyx code" is.