Material profiles in Cura 4.5

jjurgensmeyer

Posted · Material profiles in Cura 4.5

I need help understanding how the material profiles are applied when I slice my model in Cura 4.5  The profile for my printer is good to go.  The profile for my Material (PLA, PETG) is good to go.  But, no matter which material I select, they do not get applied to final print settings when I slice my model.  The material settings continue to be the value I set manually in the material section of the Print Settings / Print Profile.   I expected that once I apply a new material profile, the settings would be applied to the final print settings that are applied when I slice.  Thank you for your help.

Cura has different "layers" of profiles that get applied in a specific order. Each setting can have a value in each of these layers. So for example you can set a printing temperature for the machine, for the material, for quality profiles and a value in the advanced settings list. If a value is set in the quality profile, it will overrule what is set in the material. If a value is set in the advanced settings list, it overrules what is set in the quality profile.

• 3 weeks later...

and can you explain how the settings either material, print profiles or advanced settings end up on the printer? is it in the Gcode regardless of which Gcode flavor??

thanks