How can I change the font size of menus and selection panels in Cura?

jayeye

Posted · How can I change the font size of menus and selection panels in Cura?

What the subject says. At least in Ubuntu, cura is not obeying the system font choices, and just uses whatever tiny fonts are hardwired in the appimage. Is there a workaround?

Apparently the people who decided to bundle Cura as an Appimage do not understand the concept that different people have different-sized monitors or different visual acuity. 

Cura is fairly well themeable.

Download this file: https://gist.github.com/fieldOfView/7de3ad07fa06afb821bc0c5fe0b668dc

Put it in ~./config/cura/4.5/themes/larger-text/theme.json

Restart Cura

In the general preferences, select the theme Ultimaker Larger

Restart Cura again

• 4 months later...

Just used this with some modification - it was still a bit small on my monitor. Helped a lot. But, the menu bar text on Windows 10 with a hi-res monitor is still very small. Are there any theme settings for the menu font? I couldn't find one. 

• 2 weeks later...