Hot head stays where the last printing point

delir66

Posted · Hot head stays where the last printing point

Hi there, I bought my first 3d printer weeks ago. Sincerelly, with Cura 4.5 everything is been so easy, working really good until now. 

I've been feeding the printer with an sd card lately instead of using the conection with the computer. Everything working good.

Suddenly, since two days ago, I does something really anoying. Instead of finishing the print and separating the x and z axis from the piece, It will move the x axis for a couple of cm and then come back to the last printing position. If i unattend the printer, when I'm back and the hothead is cold, the noozle is just attached to the printed piece. I have to warm up, separate it and then take out the piece. 

The thing is that I didn't make any change to my cura settings. No changes on the printer firmware.... Why this sudden change?

Everything else is just running fine. But this ending thing

I'm attaching a g-code file from this simple project (square rectangle, no bottom no top, only walls) 10mm high.

Maybe someone could take a look and tell me if the last lines correspond to the behaviour I'm commenting in here.

On the other side. I'm courious about G-code. I can't find the Z letter, instead the E letter appears always on coordinate strings. Does the E letter correspond to the Y axis movement?

Thanks a lot. 

GA_40x 80.gcode

Looking at your gcode, I see this sequence at the end...

;TIME_ELAPSED:3303.171209
    G1 F2100 E3811.3849
    M140 S0
    M107
    G91
    G1 E-1
    G0 X0 Y200
    M104 S0
    G90
    G92 E0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M104 S0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M104 S0
    ;End of Gcode

The G91 is setting the X/Y moves to relative and so the following G0 X0 Y200 may well be asking for a move off the build plate. Furthermore, the G1 E-1 is not going to work right either as the extruder is still in absolute mode. Perhaps you should have M83 rather than G91 ?

Thanks burtoogle.  Sorry, I'm not familiar with g-code, so I'm not alble to jujdje. 

I realised this is happenings since i'm printing in upper right corner of the plate (everywhere else scratched).  I would have thought that just happened twice by chance, but since it's not bringing z up after printing, i think is a bad behaviour. Cura should at least bring Z axis up at the end of the print. Specially if it's going to move Y (plate) and keep X still.