Cura speed problem?

Jeantez

Posted · Cura speed problem?

Hi All,

I am using a up mini 2 with upstudio since some years and I just bought a bigger machine that I plan to run with Cura.

I launched some preview print to compare the two software and I am extremely surprised to see that for the exact same extrusion width and exact same print speed Cura is giving me a print time a lot longer than upstudio. I am really surprised and disapointed since upstudio time is real I don't understand why Print time would be longer with Cura ?

I also made the test with repetier host with Curaengine and the print time is close to the UPstudio even though the slicer is suppose to be the same.

Does anyone knows what is happening?  You can try yourselves by downloading Upstudio and repetier host and making the test with any part. Cura is always almost Twice longer for the same print parameters

Thanks for your opinion !

Jean

cura.JPG

upstudio.JPG

image.thumb.png.006822b062e0c85bc91aa1914200e7e5.png

I checked and Acceleration and Jerk have almost no impact on print time. The difference between UPstudio and Cura is twice the time so I think it's a more complicated problem.

Does anyone knows what could happen ?

Jean

I ran a test by printing a 100x100x100 mm cube empty with 0,2mm and 50mm/s and Cura gives me a print time of 1,27hours wich is more like 40mm/s.

More of a problem, when I change print speed to 100 mm/s I still get 1h27minutes print time. Changing print speed had no impact on print time at all.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks !

image.thumb.png.aad3ebe2e9ddf70305081ed0e22ee880.png
    Jean

image.thumb.png.ddc719772ffcc7031eb9f9596d8cfcc9.png

Thanks for your help. Actually With the cube there is only walls with 1 layer and it shows a clear "bug" from Cura with this profile.

I don't know if it's possible to correct the profile to make it work good?

It seems that whatever the printspeed I add in Cura it will print at 40 mm/s