Cura 13.11.2 slicing issues

markab

Posted · Cura 13.11.2 slicing issues

Just having no end of troubles with cura recently.

First thing I have noticed in the current version and the one before is I the extruder heater is being turned off during the print, causing all sorts of troubles.

I also get issue trying to slice the following file, it seems to reverse 2 of the 4 objects in the plate this is for http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:161297/ try the tray of 6 stl file.

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-23%20at%2011.20.03.png

First thing I have noticed in the current version and the one before is I the extruder heater is being turned off during the print, causing all sorts of troubles.

This seems unlikely but possible. Are you sure you aren't getting MINTEMP or MAXTEMP errors? Is this a um1 or um2?

Search the gcode file for M104, M109. e.g. M104 S0 turns off the extruder heater.

it seems to reverse 2 of the 4 objects in the plate

This is a common problem. The models have extra internal walls or holes in the walls. Experiment with the 4 checkboxes in the "check horrible" section. It's easy to try all 11 combinations of checkboxes to see if you can fix this. If not you have to look at the model in "xray view" instead of slice view and fix any red areas. But usually "fix horrible" can take care of it.

Ok thanks, will take a look at that.

Other thing I note which is annoying, I don't seem to be getting any retract on skirt or first layer moves which means I get over extruded mess on moves leaving a poor finish.

Is this something that can be fixed?