S5 Print start question

Kubakhan

Posted (edited) · S5 Print start question

I have a question if this behavior with the UMS5 is normal.  This is the first UM product I have purchased so it might be common but thought I would ask.  I  Just purchased the S5 and when a print starts, the print material is loaded/pushed to the nozzle heads and start to extrude material off the build platform and it falls to the bottom of the machine.  It does this with the nozzle 1 at the far left of the machine for a minute or two then steps back to the back of the machine.  Still staying on the far left side.  Then it moves to the right side of the machine and does the same thing for nozzle two.  Once that is complete the print begins and from what i can tell no issues with the print.  I have other non UM printers and I have never seen the prep prior to print behave like that.  I am used to the bed and nozzle warming and then print starting but the extruding of material is new to me so i thought I would ask if that is normal or do I have something wrong with settings or such.  

I have done the X/Y calibration and let the machine do its auto level function.  I have downloaded the latest firmware for UM and am using Cura 4.6 for my slicing software.  Appreciate any insight people might have.  

Edited by Kubakhan

Posted · S5 Print start question

Hi,

afaik, this is normal behavior for the S5 since the material station is introduced.

Just check that the purged filament strings don't tangle at the Z lead screw.

Much fun with your UM and happy printing 🙂.

Regards

Posted · S5 Print start question

AWESOME Thank you and I will.  I just ran into another issue I posted about concerning material failing in the Boden tube coming out of the material station.  Clear procedures posted online on UM website did not work for me.