Nozzle Settings new Cura on UM2 Machine

neo-ninja

Posted · Nozzle Settings new Cura on UM2 Machine

Hey Guys,

I havent really ever had a need to change my nozzle size before. However recently i have been doing alot of basic block prints (and facemasks) so figured i would swap my 0.4 to a 0.8.

I was assuming in Cura i would easily change a setting and it would update all the minor settings but i cant seem to find that. I have changed the layer width but I feel after a test print im going to need to change a whole bunch of other settings from wall thickness to other stuff. 

Am i missing something? WHat settings do people normally change?

Since you are talking about swapping nozzles, I assume you have an olsson block. Did you configure your UM2 in Cura to have an olsson block? In that case there should be an easy dropdown to select nozzle sizes, and 0.8mm is one of them.

• Like 1

do yuo mind just screen grabbing a pic for me? I cant see in cura that being an option anymore. 

In the old version i remember it but i cant see it in the new one.

Big thanks in advance!

Ah, apparently this changed in Cura 4.4, and you now have to add a new printer with the definition "Ultimaker 2 with Olsson Block". Once you have added that, you can select the nozzle size in the "Select configuration" dropdown. Fairly well hidden.

image.thumb.png.578dcc786df9388ea727f918637eb9f2.png