Anyone in California who can repair an Ultimaker?

matt-elkins

Posted · Anyone in California who can repair an Ultimaker?

Hey everyone,

Basically i need a technician to work on my machine and this person needs to be in California, preferably near San Francisco

I have had my Ultimaker for about 4 or 5 months now, and am so extremely frustrated!

I got my machine all assembled and working.Now slowly the machine has started to break down.

The fan wires have disconnected, the heated bed i hired an engineering friend to install doesn't work, and the printer doesn't seem to work correctly after trying to run custom marlin firmware and switching back to the default later.

These problems are totally self-inflicted and have been totally avoidable, but also not because they were attempts to upgrade my machine (which is now obsolete with the UM2!!!)

Please help

The original UM is not at all obsolete with the UM2 coming to the market!

Personally, I'd choose the UM1 over the UM2 if I had to buy one now (and I probably will get one for a friend soon).

Without going into any details, I'd say that the UM2 is better suited for people who want a "finished" and ready to go product, while the original UM is better suited for people who want to build the printer themselves and install lots of custom improvements or modifications.

Just one example: Modifying the original UM to a direct drive setup is well documented and proven on the Original UM. I haven't seen anyone do that with the UM2 (because it shouldn't be necessary).

That's right, the philosophy of the two machines are totally different!

Case UM1 is changed at will but to demonstrate what was stable and mature design for the UM2. C.F readings forum.

Case UM2, it completes the game with a more stable frame, a slightly increased accuracy and heating provided basic bed.

To return to the problem, maybe pictures, information about changes created allow the community to know to find a track.