cura setting print temp to 230 for PLA

rayr

Posted · cura setting print temp to 230 for PLA

Hi 2nd post of the day, so thank you in advance of any help

Ultimaker 2 +

with latest firmware

cura 4..6.1

the printer is self is set for PLA wit a default hot end temp of 200 and 60 build plate

2.85mm filament etc pretty standard stuff

I normally print with .4mm nozzle but decided to change to .6mm to see what difference i can can achieve. and may be fix so other issues.

When cura slices a model using the parameters of generic PLA and .4mm nozzle. it would appear the the corresponding G code keeps / maintains a 200 degree hot end temp

when i change the Cura setting to allow for a .6mm nozzle it would appear that cura is overriding the printer default some how and settings the hot end temp to 230. While the PLA i am using seem to cope with this high temp it not right.

I am no g code expert but i think i would be expecting a "S" command to set temp and i can't see one in the code see below.

Even if i know what i was looking for i don't want to start editing g code. 

so i am hoping its a Cura issue and can be fixed with a update or moving back to a earlier version

image.thumb.png.31ab851c877c779cb82c28f229e8cf2b.png

Posted · cura setting print temp to 230 for PLA

Cura does not add temperature commands for "Ultimaker 2" gcode-flavor (a.k.a. UltiGCode).

The material configuration on the printer includes temperature- and retraction settings for 5 different nozzle diameters. 230C is the default temperature for PLA and 0.6mm nozzle. You can adjust it there, if you want:

Material -> Settings -> Customize -> Temperature

grafik.png.4c032a3be95fc77d9da25d3f10249346.png