Maintenance documents on website - what happened?

bsaygan

Posted · Maintenance documents on website - what happened?

I noticed that the maintenance instructions on the Ultimaker website are way less detailed now than they used to be - particularly when checking play on axles.  Previously, it would outline step by step which side to tighten first, followed by utilizing the calibration sticks, etc.  I haven't been able to find this anywhere anymore - I used to just go step by step methodically every so often (more or less depending on how much I printed during that period of time).  

Does anyone have any insight on this?  Or perhaps it's tucked away somewhere?  It's just odd to me that there's less detail for me to do maintenance, troubleshoot, etc. for seemingly things that you should be doing regularly.

Bobby

Hi Bobby, 

thank you for your message. It is possible that documents have been moved when we made some changes to the website. Last year we also rebranded some elements from our site and brand, which may have led to updating the actual content of the documents. This should mean they have gotten better, not less detailed. 

Could you share which documents you are looking for, or for which printer? Perhaps I can help locate them for you. 

Thanks, 

Posted (edited) · Maintenance documents on website - what happened?

HI SandervG,

Well, the page is all different, so I'm not sure if it still exists anywhere, but I expected to find the information I was looking for at this link: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011490220-Check-for-play-on-the-axles-of-the-Ultimaker-3

Which is when I usually check the play on my axles.  The prior documentation had this whole list of loosen all the set screws, then tighten them in a certain order, and then line up the print head using calibration sticks which it also had a link to download the STL, and then continue on.  It was pretty in depth, and particularly I think the order is important in regards to getting the slider blocks aligned if they happen to be misaligned (I happened to just change my belts, so I definitely had to get that right).  

Anyway, the new page just starts with one axle and then says 'and then just repeat for the other axles and if you're having trouble do a print head calibration print'.  

Anyway, not sure about the rest of the maintenance docs, but that was one I happen to reference pretty regularly when I woudl do my regular maintenance.

Also, I forgot to mention that I run an Ultimaker 3.

Thanks!

Bobby

Edited by bsaygan

for the sake of completeness: it's even more confusing for the UM2+

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011802280-Check-for-play-on-the-Ultimaker-2-axles

The article explains how to check axles for play - and ends with the words: "In this situation, it is recommended to calibrate the print head."

And that's it. With no link or any further explanation what "calibrate the print head" means...? Sorry, but that's not helpful at all anymore.