Fan "Bounce" Cura 4.6.1

chrisr

Posted (edited) · Fan "Bounce" Cura 4.6.1

I made a little utility which plots the fan speed versus layers from a GCode file. With the model in the picture (Bridge.png) Cura "bounces" the fan speed after the bridge completes (a bit like you might see in an underdamped system).

Y axis = fan speed (%)

X axis = Layer number

Yellow trace = fan speed %

Blue trace = averaged fan speed

It doesn't appear to affect print quality but probably it shouldn't be there. Or if it should, why?

(Printer UM2 with Olsson block, WIN 10)

.STL attached

Bridge.png

Bridge_1.png

Bridge_3.png

Slice_Test_46.gcode

Edited by chrisr
Update printer type & o/s
  • Like 1

Posted · Fan "Bounce" Cura 4.6.1

Hi chrisr,

I will think this is kind of normal, -as the fan is a mechanical device that will be affected by such a "violent" acceleration.

Thanks

Torgeir.

I did not reflect your model for sure, but this is a general thing all the time during printing. I have never tried to measure this "normal violent" acceleration/deceleration bu I am sure it is very hi..  🙂

Rgeards

Torgeir

The graph is of the M106 (Fan speed) values versus G0 (Z) values taken directly from the GCode. The "bounce" is actually in the code.

• Like 1