creality sliver (powered by cura) weird first printed layer quality

Posted (edited) · creality sliver (powered by cura) weird first printed layer quality

hi all! i've recently bought a creality ender 3 which comes with the "creality slicer" that i'm forced to use cause CURA 4.6 right now has a problem and starts from the last layer (the top one) instead of starting directly from the bed...

the problem i have with this slicer is that the very first layer printed AFTER THE BASE (the wider layer printed before the object) has a very low quality pattern, while the very last layer is perfectly fine... how can i fix this? is it a problem of my file or a problem of the slicer?

attached there's a pic of the bottom layer and the top layer as reference.

thnks so much for the help!

BOTTOM LAYER:

bottom closeup.jpg

TOP LAYER:

top closeup.jpg

Edited by y0ur5h4d0w

• 1 month later...
    Posted · creality sliver (powered by cura) weird first printed layer quality

I'm not exactly sure by what you mean "the wider layer printed before the object".  Do you mean a brim?

It looks like you are just too far above the bed on the first layer and that causes the nozzle to not squish the plastic down enough.  You will get better and more consistent leveling the more you practice it.  If you use parchment paper (.05mm) for leveling instead of printer paper (.10mm) you will be closer, and nothing sticks to parchment paper.

One of the settings in Cura is "Quality / Initial Layer Height" and I think the default is .28mm.  I would suggest that you make it .2mm.  That should help as well but it's usually a leveling issue.

Posted · creality sliver (powered by cura) weird first printed layer quality

Hi,

Could you please upload the project file from cura, to do this load your model up in cura with the settings you are using and then go to file - save and save the .3mf file and upload it to here.

That way we can see just what you are trying to do and just what settings you are using what can help us see any errors or mistakes much better.

It kinda sounds and looks like you might be printing with a raft going by the pattern you have on the bottom of the print, under "Build Plate Adhesion" settings what do you have the "Build Plate Adhesion Type" set to?