What does RC in a Dutch technical drawing mean ?

ian

Posted · What does RC in a Dutch technical drawing mean ?

I have a dutch arch drawing showing boxes marked with RC ?

I dont think the Dutch are parking blocks of reinforced concrete in the middle of their office.. LOL hehe ;-)

so what does RC mean in Dutch ?

Ian :-)

Heuh? (that's dutch)

Would like to help you, my guess is you don't need a mechanical engineer (like me), but a architect or something.

If it was a quiz, i would go for CV = Central heating.

Someone might need a piece of RC Table to put is overclocked Ultimaker on :cool: ?

I dont think the Dutch are parking blocks of reinforced concrete in the middle of their office.. LOL hehe :wink:

Actually... we love our reinforced concrete blocks! :p

But I have no idea. Wikipedia gives no clue: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/MK

CV could be the central heating (centrale verwarming), especially next to the ventilation like that.

But on that map, it looks like reserved space for something? Storage? Racks or pallets? (pallets are also pallets in dutch)

Perhaps RC means Rack Cabinet and MK meldkamer (google translate ' emergency room ') ?

I got nothing. I'm not Dutch, but I do work with architects (I'm a architecture drop-out myself :p) and that could be anything. Especially since they're stacked one on front of the other like that. Rack cabinets would need access space I presume.

Notice that the CV has a line connecting it with a RC on the left, so it's definitely some sort of installation.

The MK has a door, so it must be some sort of cabinet. Judging by that, the RC things must either be installed in the floor, or the ceiling, since the door of the MK cabinet couldn't otherwise work.

I hope Ian makes up his own mind.

Might become a surprising building if he takes all our hints. :wink: