infill pattern form solidworks to CURA

simaomanoel

Posted · infill pattern form solidworks to CURA

Hi guys

i need help to understand why the CURA cant read all solidworks information

I did a infill pattern - honeycombo inside  a objective with  150 x 25 x 5 mm and when I pass to CURA to Print, the infill pattern that I did in Solidworks disappears in CURA

what happens? and how I solved this problema?

Thanks

How thick is the infill you created? I noticed that when I create things that are much thinner than the nozzle width, they just disappear in Cura..
    Or; if I created some track of 0.6mm width, that it creates a really ugly stutter-path if I set the line width also to exactly 0.6mm, while setting the line width to 0.61mm then instead in Cura, the path smoothens out completely.

Not very clear to me why that is, but details like that may have a connection with this maybe?

Maybe an idea to show a screenshot of the pattern you created, plus a mentioning of the wall thickness of it and your set wall thickness in Cura?

yeah sorry my mistake - the infill pattern that I created is Gyroid (Solidworks)

the thick is 0.105 mm … yeah maybe is too thick

when i created the gyroid (in Solidworks)  - I put the size of the side of 6mm and a thick of 0.105 mm and when i transfer the STL from Solidworks to CURA … the infill disapears … so I put the some details as the Solidworks but I don t know if there are alright or not

for exemple i dont want infill density put in CURA … so I try to do come calculations with the volume of the gyroid

I know that the object (without the gyroid) has  a volume of 18750 mm^3 and weights 18,75 g (density of 1,02 g/cm^3)  (150x25x5 mm) ; the object with 0.5 of Shell (without gyroid) has a volume of 4446 mm^3 and 4,45 g (weight) ; only the gyroid has a volume of 384,25 mm^3 and 0,39 g (weight) … so to calculate the Infill Density , I did :   384,25/(18750-4446)x 100= 2,68% (Infill density) but

I dont know if its correct because the total weight when you "slice" in CURA is more than in Solidworks (density material - 1.02g/cm^3)

the weight in Solidworks of the object (150x25x5 mm) with a Shell of 0,5 mm and the gyroid is 4,84 grams  and in CURA with the same Shell and gyroid (with my calculation) is 9 grams

So maybe my calculations are incorrect and I am trying to see how to calculate the infill density

please help

mostar.png

mostar1.png

mostar12.png

mostar122.png

Hi simaomanoel,

When I see you mentioning that your object is 150x25x5 mm and that your SW infill is 0.39g, then I'm starting to guess that you made that infill 0.1mm in all directions...?

With a very goo, well calibrated FDM printer you may manage to print layers of 0.1mm high, but to get the wall thickness to be so enormously thin, you'd have to use an air-brush head of 0.05mm (or 0.1mm max) as a nozzle, otherwise you could never create such thin walls.

I'm curious: What nozzle size do you use?

If you're trying to print such very thin walls with a nozzle that's simply too big, then I guess that's the reason Cura discards such super thin walls, because they can't be printed anyway.

If you want to print such ultra fine features, maybe it's better to print them on a UV resin SLA/DLP printer..?