cura restart

awmdaj

Posted · cura restart

Please contact us regarding 3D printers.
It often stops while printing.

I want to print from the next line, but I don't know how many codes I have printed.

So I have to print again from the beginning.

I would like to know how many lines have been printed from the printer or how to send G-Code to the computer.

Posted · cura restart

It isn't easy to explain.  I wrote my own program to count characters in gcode files using the "Byte Offset" to find the line where a print stopped.   Cura does not have a window that shows printer responses to Gcode commands so you need to use something like Pronterface.  The code snippet below (for Marlin firmware) is to re-start a file at a point 11500750 bytes into the file.

Notice that there is a G28 line in the code.   If the print is tall or at the front of the bed this can cause a crash.  If the steppers have timed out and become disabled there must be a "Home" move before a restart can occur.

Send M27 to return the Byte location of the printing file.  This IS SUPPOSED to be where the printer stopped.

Send M114 to return the XYZE locations for a restart.

Send M20 to list the files on the SD card in DOS 8.3 format (as the printer sees them)

M21                                 ;Initialize the SD card
    M23 LWRROD~1.GCO  ;File name in DOS 8.3
    M26 S11500750             ;Byte Offset location to start at (from response to M27)
    M140 S50                       ; Bed temp
    M190 S50                       ;Wait for bed temp
    M104 S215                      ;Hot end temp
    M109 S215                      ;Wait for hot end
    M105                                ;Report temperature
    M220 S90                        ; Feed rate at 90%
    M221 S105                      ; Flow rate at 105%
    G28                                  ;Home all axis
    M106 S255                      ;Fan on 100%
    G0 F1200 Z94.8               ; This is the resume Z +10.  The head has to move up above the print so it doesn't crash.
    G0 F2400 X92.442 Y137.203  ; XY resume location
    G92 E2484.26551            ;E resume location as a retraction
    G0 F300 Z84.8                  ;Drop down to the Z where printing will re-start
    G0 F1200 E2492.26551   ;Un-retract to the real E location to prime the nozzle
    M24                                   ;Print