Support Blocker to control print speed

Z408

Posted · Support Blocker to control print speed

So I have successfully used support blocker to add more infill to my prints to areas of a print where more infill was needed.  

I have a print were in one section, I would like for it to print slower.  I activated the support blocker and changed the settings over to speed.  But when I slice it, and preview it, the whole object prints at the same speed.  Anyone have any ideas why this is not working?

thank you.

Posted (edited) · Support Blocker to control print speed

Hello,

Cura 4.6.1 

Condition 1 : You must use the option "Cutting Mesh" for the Modify settings overlaps function and not Infill mesh only 

Condition 2 : As you have already fixed some values for the speeds you must change each individual speed values and not only the global Print Speed value.

Condition1.JPG

Condition 3 : If your part is small don't forget that the cooling settings : Minimum Layer Time and Minimum Speed can limite your print speed.

Condition2.JPG

Edited by Cuq

Thank you for the reply.  I am using version 4.5 and I do not see the cutting mesh option.  Is it available in version 4.5?

You probably know the answer! If you can't find the option, it isn't there! Why not upgrade to 4.6.1 version?

Posted (edited) · Support Blocker to control print speed

In 4.5 you need to uncheck the option Infill only, it's not  very different.

4.5.JPG

On the same computer, you can have several cura release running in the same Times. Don't be afraid to install the last release if you don't uninstall in the same times the previous one.

Edited by Cuq

On 6/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, Cuq said:

In 4.5 you need to uncheck the option Infill only, it's not  very different.

4.5.JPG

On the same computer, you can have several cura release running in the same Times. Don't be afraid to install the last release if you don't uninstall in the same times the previous one.

I will give this a try again.  I have a slightly related issue.  I have my walls set to print at 80 mm/s.  But when I go to the preview and check the feed rate, it shows much slower, around 15 mm/s.  

I am currently using the Artillery Sidewinder printer.  Someone made the profile for cura 4.5 that i am running.  If I install 4.6, can I still us that printer profile?

thanks.