Form Futura Flexifil

roccop

Posted · Form Futura Flexifil

Hi all, Im just a beginner 

has anyone printed with the Formfutura Flexifil? if so what settings did you use?, what do you select when loading it into the printer so that the printer knows what it is using?

I have made a profile for the filament in Cura as per the manufactures Data sheets and selected it for My AA .4 print head prior to slicing. I had an issue though as the printer kept thinking it was out of filament and stop error 0037 at a guess i should have documented it i suppose. I also had issues removing it had to give it a pull as it was ejecting, looks like ot may have slipped at the feeder and melted a little.

So lots of help in this one hope someone has the knowledge. I look forward to your replies

18 hours ago, roccop said:

has anyone printed with the Formfutura Flexifil? if so what settings did you use?, what do you select when loading it into the printer so that the printer knows what it is using?

Generic CPE works at similar temperatures. I would use this as a starting point. AA0.4 print core is the correct choice.

Make all speed settings visible in Cura and print slow (approx. 20mm/s) at approx. 250C (depending on the layer height).

It works better for me if i set the feeder tension a little bit higher than normal. And you can increase the flow setting in Cura to approx. 115%, if you still notice gaps between printed lines. Use little to no fan.

And as with all flexible filaments: it's not suitable for prints that require a lot of retractions. Try to reduce the count of retractions to a minimum or switch retractions off.

If the filament sensor doesn't work for this type of filament it should be possible to switch the sensor off (someone with an S-Line printer probably knows more).

I don't use the "material unload" function but simply pull out the filament by hand when the print is finished. Works like a charm... 🙂

BTW: which printer is it used on?

...oh, and if you print tires as functional parts... you should take a look at Colorfabb Varioshore

thanks for the reply, i am using the S5 printer,

so even the flexifil is a TPC it is ok to call it a CPE and chose this on the printer when feeding it is that correct?

Have you used the Colorfabb varioshore on the ultimake S5 as it is only a 92 TPU and not 95

25 minutes ago, roccop said:

so even the flexifil is a TPC it is ok to call it a CPE and chose this on the printer when feeding it is that correct?

Yes, that's what i do on the UM3. The important part during filament loading is the nozzle temperature. It's 240C for CPE - right in the middle of the temperature range for FlexiFil.

29 minutes ago, roccop said:

Have you used the Colorfabb varioshore

Not yet - it's still sitting in the shelf... i don't had a proper use case yet...

It contains a foaming component which behaves different depending on the printing temperature. So you can achieve a variable shore-hardness even in the same printed object - just by changing the temperature and flow rate. That's why it's so interesting...