Ultimaker S5 & S3 firmware 5.7.2 released - Digital Factory

Szahari

Posted · Ultimaker S5 & S3 firmware 5.7.2 released - Digital Factory

Hi all,

New firmware for the S5 and the S3 has been released today. In line with the change of mycloud to digitalfactory, you will see some branding changes, and some cloud feature improvements.

You can read more about it in the blog.

You can view the full release notes for the S5 here, and for the S3 here.

If you want to download the .swu for a USB download, you can do that from this S5 page or this S3 page

Thanks for your time!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This Firmware fixed the camera issue however ever since I updated it to 5.7, the prints are misaligned. I did a calibration test to correct the issue however the calibration test did not fix the issue. In return, my prints are not sticking onto the breakaway and lifting off the glass bed. Anyone have any suggestions?

I fixed my camera issue and alignment. I had to revert back to the old firmware and go under printer settings as I noticed my 2nd extruder was misaligned by a couple of mm off.

Did you perform a factory reset after the firmware update? This is what I would try first. It might be a variable not properly set up needing re-initialization.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker S5 & S3 firmware 5.7.2 released - Digital Factory

I did a factory reset after I reverted it back to 5.5.12 but the X- axis keeps coming back misaligned. I am truly stumped by this one. Not sure why the x- axis coordinates would be misaligned after installing the 5.7.2 install.

Edited by ccmaker2020

Can you show us pictures of how exactly misaligned the print is coming out?

If the XY calibration is successful, then maybe theres some Cura print settings that can be improved? If you have spare print cores also lying around, it could be trying to use them to see if theres a difference in behaviour.

print.jpg