Connecting my duet mastero

Posted (edited) · Connecting my duet mastero

I cant get cura to connect to my duet mastero server I type in the iP address of my board which connects fine btw to my slic3r I'm able to use slic3r fine but I want to use cura as my slicer and it wont even recognize or connect to my board 

Edited by bigwood247

Posted · Connecting my duet mastero
    3 minutes ago, bigwood247 said:

So ur saying I need the duet rerap firmware integration thing ??

Yes, exactly.

Unless there exists already a predefined printer definition for the exact printer model that supports this connection method (but I'm not aware of one).

I think you're talking about the button "Add printer by IP"? I may be wrong, but this function is meant to connect Ultimaker printers only (AFAIK).

5 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

I think you're talking about the button "Add printer by IP"? I may be wrong, but this function is meant to connect Ultimaker printers only (AFAIK).

Theoretically, other printers types could be "hooked into" that dialog, but a plugin would need to be installed for that, and AFAIK, the "Duet RepRapFirmware Integration" you mentioned above does not yet support this dialog.

• Thanks 1

k thanks yes i am talking about that add printer by ip so i download the plug and it should work thanks alot ill try that 

so i installed that plug in and it still wont let me add the printer with the ip address and let me state that it connects fine wtih sli3er and i can use it on the duet web conrol fine 

cura seem to be a shitty program to use man 

6 hours ago, bigwood247 said:

cura seem to be a shitty program to use man 

Then feel free not to use it.

I said plugins can hook in to the dialog you are trying to use. The plugin you downloaded doesn't.

The intended workflow with this plugin is you first add your printer as a "local", non networked printer, and then add the network connection via Extensions -> DuetRRF -> DuetRRF Connections.

i def will feel free to no use it and ill use slic3r which connects easliy to my duet seems like the program is made just for the ulitimaker and thats it way too much of a hassel to get to work properly i mean ive been at this for days just trying to connect my duet to the thing through ethernet and no luck i download the susposed fix for duets and still nothing 

lol so which plugin does then i dowloaded the one u said to to do to get it to work 

how is it that i type in the ip address and it says could not connect to device  and im sorry for saing its a shitty program im mad ive been trying for days 

also i did what u said already i added it as a non networked custom printer and it does slice the file and i can save the file to my desktop and i can go into duet web control and manually add the file but thats not what i want to do i want to use the program to directly send the sliced file to the duet web control  through my ethernet connection

never mind i think i got that plugin to work now i still cant connect to it but i was able to use the plugin and add my ip addrfess on there now when i slice the file it gives me an option to print on my duet 

thanks for the help and im sorry for calling its a shitty program as i said i was pissed at the moment and i should of not sent that msg wile i was mad

• Like 1

i have another question now for the cura gcode flavour do i use marlin or reprap for that 

9 hours ago, bigwood247 said:

i have another question now for the cura gcode flavour do i use marlin or reprap for that 

It depends... 🙂

One thing is: one can choose an emulation type, it's a firmware setting see M555

This only affects response messages on the serial console AFAIK. Simply choose the same on both ends, and it should be fine.

Reprap firmware is (by default) compatible with "Marlin".

I think there are only marginal differences in the output that Cura generates for both flavors.

k thanks alot for the help ill try the rep rap one first and if it doesnt work ill try the other