Cura 13.11.2 max_z_speed ?

bergedorf

Posted · Cura 13.11.2 max_z_speed ?

Hi,

yesterday i completet my PrusaMendel_i2.

I wantet to use this printer with marlin firmware and Cura, but whatever i've done, it won't work.

After some research in the G-Code i found the reason: there is no option to use different speeds on the XY/Z axis.

I asked some friend of mine which is working with Cura, and found out he is using an older version of Cura and there is an additional field for the z-speed.

Bug or feature?

Cura 13.11.2

G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm

Cura 13.03

G1 Z15.0 F{max_z_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm

No bug. The Z speed setting got removed. Z is now down at travel speed, with the assumption that your firmware limits it to sane values for your machine.

The F command in a G0 or G1 move sets the "feedrate" or mm/sec for all 4 axes.

Once you set the feedrate it should stay that value for all future moves.

It's best to control the max speed seperately with the marlin firmware. You can set the max velocity for Z and E independent of X,Y. So if you ask for a feedrate of 300mm/sec and leave it there, and then move Z axis or move E axis, Marlin will only move at the max velocity for that axis and not 300mm/sec. If you move 3 axes at the same time, the speed will be determined by the distance and max speed for each axis.

By the way, do you know how to set the max velocities for all 4 axes? If you have an ulticontroller you can do it from that but don't forget to save the values (or they will get lost next time you power cycle).

Also some versions of Marlin have a bug where some of these settings don't work until you power cycle anyway.

If you don't have an ulticontroller, you can do this with pronterface (free download) and using M commands e.g. M500:

great reference:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

scroll way down to the gcodes on this page:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/

Hi,

thanks for the usefull infos.

I have still a lot to learn :oops:

In my Firmware the possible speed for the X-Axis was to high.

After i figured this out, all was perfekt.