Problems with diagonal printing on my Ender 3 pro.

Posted · Problems with diagonal printing on my Ender 3 pro.

[edited by gr5 to fix links which were pointed to youtube for some reason?]

Hello Printscape I got a bit of a problem with my Ender 3 Pro. 

The issue I seem to be having is printing diagonal lines at the top end of triangle models. Layers and walls will not properly stick to each other at the top ( I can separate top walls with my nail).

I have tried to print my model aligning with the x/y axis, where there isn't any problem. I need to be able to print the model diagonal, because it is part of a bigger print, that can align only with x/y axis.

I am using Cura 4.5., and sketchup for drawings.

This is my drawing in sketchup: https://imgur.com/a/I3hbisi

This is the result of the print: https://imgur.com/a/WG0zVte and https://imgur.com/a/RrwASx7

I have tried adjusting e-steps and flow. Sadly it didn't solve my problem.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? It is quite frustrating. The .stl file is attached.

Best Regards Klaus Kjaer

20062020 (1).stl

Posted · Problems with diagonal printing on my Ender 3 pro.

This is unrelated but just as important - see how some of the exterior walls of your model are white and some are gray?  They need to be all white or cura does unpredictable things.  So right click all the gray walls in sketchup and choose "reverse faces".

But to your issue - I'm not certain what the problem is.  In Cura, make sure to look at your print in PREVIEW mode and scroll through the layers paying most attention to the last (top) layer.  I'm wondering if maybe your printer stopped printing early - there was a problem with Marlin (firmware) on the UM2 a while back where it wouldn't print the last few lines of gcode.  It seems unlikely that your printer has the same problem but still.

Or maybe you have a lot of backlash in your printer (e.g. the belts are loose).  Or maybe you are underextruding but I don't notice underextrusion anywhere else.

Posted (edited) · Problems with diagonal printing on my Ender 3 pro.

.... should print out of the box, no firmware update needed...

Check printer if it is assembled the right way, they sometimes make mistakes in China!

What layerheight did you use?

Edited by Mari