Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
martukita

Add speed% in printer settings

Posted · Add speed% in printer settings

Hi all. First of all I want to apologize for my English, and in case the question is already answered ...
I would like to know if it is possible to limit the printing speed by percentage (%) from the printer configuration ... 
I need to reduce print speed by up to 60%, and the cura software setting only lets me limit in mm/s. I have tried lowering that value to 10mm/s, but I don't get the same results ...
Is it possible to do what I say? Or should I manually slow down each time I print?
Thanks to everyone beforehand ^_^ 

Posted · Add speed% in printer settings
25 minutes ago, martukita said:

Is it possible to do what I say?

no - there is no % control on the 20 or so speeds.

If the print speed in cura is 60mm/sec and you slow down to 50% it is exactly the same as if the print speed had been 30mm/sec in Cura.  Sort of.  Not exactly because...

There are many print speeds in Cura.  From memory, 7 printing speeds, 2 travel speeds, and even retraction speeds.

If you lower ALL the speeds in Cura including retraction speed... ALL of them - by 60% then that is the same as setting the print speed to 60% in the TUNE menu of your printer (regardless who makes the printer).

In reality you shouldn't have to lower all the speeds. Usually you get better quality with fast travel speeds (less stinging, less bumps, less underextrusion after a travel).

What is the symptom where you like your prints better when you print slower?