Add speed% in printer settings

martukita

Posted · Add speed% in printer settings

Hi all. First of all I want to apologize for my English, and in case the question is already answered ...
I would like to know if it is possible to limit the printing speed by percentage (%) from the printer configuration ... 
I need to reduce print speed by up to 60%, and the cura software setting only lets me limit in mm/s. I have tried lowering that value to 10mm/s, but I don't get the same results ...
Is it possible to do what I say? Or should I manually slow down each time I print?
Thanks to everyone beforehand ^_^ 

25 minutes ago, martukita said:

Is it possible to do what I say?

no - there is no % control on the 20 or so speeds.

If the print speed in cura is 60mm/sec and you slow down to 50% it is exactly the same as if the print speed had been 30mm/sec in Cura.  Sort of.  Not exactly because...

There are many print speeds in Cura.  From memory, 7 printing speeds, 2 travel speeds, and even retraction speeds.

If you lower ALL the speeds in Cura including retraction speed... ALL of them - by 60% then that is the same as setting the print speed to 60% in the TUNE menu of your printer (regardless who makes the printer).

In reality you shouldn't have to lower all the speeds. Usually you get better quality with fast travel speeds (less stinging, less bumps, less underextrusion after a travel).

What is the symptom where you like your prints better when you print slower?

• 2 years later...
    Posted (edited) · Add speed% in printer settings

Sorry to drag this up from the past however our Google overlords brought me here. I cannot figure out why this is happening, especially since everything I am finding still matches the 2 year old info above.

I'm having an issue where some prints start out at over 500% while others will start at over 900%. If I quickly go to the Tune menu and change it to 100% as it starts clearing the nozzle it will print fine. If I back out of the menu to the main screen all heck breaks loose as it jumps back up to the higher 500-900% print speed. if I don't go into the menu to change it in the first place the extruder hotend will start flying all over the plate. Not all files print like this, it happens on some I've made in Fusion360 and some I've downloaded.

I've been using the 'Super Quality' preset with adhesion changed to brim(when appropriate) on an Ender-3 V2.

Edit - I have removed the printer from Cura and added it back just to make sure there was no sneaky custom gcode with the same results while trying to print.

Thanks!

Edited by photoDad
    To add additional information

First off, welcome.

What printer do you have and are the kids getting their hands on it when you aren't looking?

You can post one of those "bad" gcode files and I'll take a look.  I'm 99.9999% certain that the problem will not be in the gcode.  There are a couple of things you can do.

In Cura go to Manage Printers and then Machine Settings.  The left lower pane is "StartUp G-code".  After the G28 line add:

M220 S100 ;reset feed rate to 100%

M221 S100 ;reset flow rate to 100%

That will insure that no matter what was changed between prints, or if you adjusted the speed or flow during a previous print, that the feed and flow will be set where they belong at the start of a fresh print.

If the problem persists then you might need to lower the maximum feed rates of the printer but try adding those lines first.  They can't hurt and may fix it.