Cura preview mode only prints two dots

grenadecx

Posted · Cura preview mode only prints two dots

Hi there!

So I'm extremly new to 3D printing, I ordered my CR-10 Max that is coming soon hopefully. But while I wait on it I thought I would check out the softwares and see how this all works. So I managed to select my printer from inside cura, I download a 3d model from thingiverse (this one to be exact): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3857781

Now to what confuses me, after slicing and running the preview I would assume it would show me how it intends to print the 3D model right? so I would assume it starts from the bottom and works it way up. But the nozzel just prints 2 dots at the ears and then stops. What am I doing wrong?

I understand that I probably need more experience, but I need to start somewhere, so just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'll attach a file to show what I mean.

cura_test_slicing.thumb.png.69e73c77fd26953990e89f30053f3448.png

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

that preview looks normal, on the right side of the screen is a bar you need to drag the top of that bar down to view the lower layers as right now you are viewing the last layer (layer 349) so that is where the preview play button will play from. As you drag the right side bar down from the top you will see the layers below and can preview them.

• Like 2

What Carla said.  Also note that you can right click and drag to orbit around your print and mouse wheel will zoom in and out.  Also shift-right click drag will pan so you can recenter what you are trying to zoom in on.

• Like 1

I can't believe how I missed that. I was looking around like crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks a lot for answering my silly question :)