How to display time remaining

Gabram

Posted · How to display time remaining

Hi - I have what I think might be a dumb question but I haven't been able to figure it out...

I have a Prusa Mk3s.  I've switched to Cura 4.6.2 and I'm trying to get time remaining to show on the LCD during prints.  I've gone to Extensions->Post Processing->Modify G-Code  and select "Display Remaining Time on LCD", enabled it, and then sliced.  Still, I'm not seeing any changes on the LCD and it continues to show elapsed time.

What am I doing wrong here?

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · How to display time remaining

Don't know about Prusa Mk3s, I can only tell you it works on a Creality Ender 3 Pro... can you post photo of what you see on the display of your printer?

Check the Gcode if there is a command to show remaining time on display

M117 Time Left 0h 8m 9s

If there is no command like this in the Gcode, you probably didn't activate the option correctly. If the command is there, you have to find out why it is not visible on the display (sometimes other information is put in the same position of the display so you have to look fast to see! Message will be on the display for a very very very short time))

Edited by Mari

18 hours ago, Gabram said:

I have a Prusa Mk3s.  I've switched to Cura 4.6.2 and I'm trying to get time remaining to show on the LCD during prints.

Prusa firmware displays the filename in the status line while printing from SD-card. Other messages are ignored until the print finishes.

With other words: this specific post-processing script is probably not very useful for original Prusa printers.

• 1 month later...
    On 7/26/2020 at 10:25 AM, tinkergnome said:

Prusa firmware displays the filename in the status line while printing from SD-card. Other messages are ignored until the print finishes.

With other words: this specific post-processing script is probably not very useful for original Prusa printers.

This is untrue. PrusaSlicer does have the option to insert remaining time in Gcode, so that latest Prusa i3 printers display time remaining instead of elapsed time above filename.gcode on screen.

As for PrusaSlicer 2.2, the option is located in Printer Settings → Supports remaining times. 
    The tooltip states "Emit M73 P[percent printed] R[emaing time in minutes] at 1 minute intervals into the G-code to let the firmware show accurate remaining time. As of now only the Prusa i3 MK3 firmware recognizes M74. Also the i3 MK3 firmware supports M73 Qxx Sxx for the silent mode."

Therefore, for Prusa i3 MK3 and MK3S printers, the question remains: is it possible for Cura to do the same, and how? If Cura cannot do it currently, then when?