Pandora's box - printing a part inside a part inside a part (PVA support fun)

Posted · Pandora's box - printing a part inside a part inside a part (PVA support fun)

Hi everyone and happy 3D printing,

I have attached my project file and a couple photos for reference.  I am experimenting with PVA supports and printing tolerances on our S5.  One of our designers upstairs whipped together a "Pandora's box" model that features a part inside a part inside a part (1 outer shell and 2 inner parts).  The intent was to print all 3 parts using PLA with PVA supports, dissolve, and have a fun little toy at the end.

Everything has worked great except for one problem.  I cannot figure out how to get the 3rd model to print (the innermost little sphere inside the other 2 parts)...the slicer preview confirms that this 3rd part will not be printed...

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts/experience they could share on why this 3rd model won't print as currently configured?  Thank you!

Note:  I have placed each of the 3 parts/models on the bed separately.

slicer photo.PNG

printed example.png

UMS5_Pandoras Box.3mf Pandora's BOX.PDF

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Pandora's box - printing a part inside a part inside a part (PVA support fun)
    On 7/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Framar said:

Bad 3D model? If you send a STEP file I can try to fix it and send it back to you.

Thanks for the offer Framar.  Attached are the models.Pandoras BOX - PB shell-2.STLPandoras BOX - PB inter-1.STLPandoras BOX - PB inner-1.STL

Hi Framar,

Thank you very much for your time and help, this worked perfectly.  Really appreciate it.  Now I have to pay it forward 🙂