Control Ultimaker S5 with IPhone App outside WiFi Network

adegner

Posted · Control Ultimaker S5 with IPhone App outside WiFi Network

Hello!  How can I access my Ultimaker S5 with the iPhone app if I am not in the wifi network?  I have already set up the Ultimaker digital factory!  thank you!

Hi,

The Ultimaker App is quite old and not updated with remote functionality via the cloud. You can use the mobile webview however via https://digitalfactory.ultimaker.com, we try to make everything look nice on all screen sizes. For quick access you could pin that page to your home screen?

Chris

thank you!  but I don't see any live video or photo!  the display of the video already worked, but it is no longer displayed!

yes i have the last firmware.  if i delete and reconnect the printer it works for a while.  after a certain time i get a message and the video can no longer be viewed.

BF5FAA81-99B0-40CD-A472-007E65ED0553.png

Mm that's not supposed to happen. Can you export the logs to USB from the settings menu and send them to me via private message? After that you can try rebooting the printer to see if the webcam icon appears again.

Chris

I h

On 8/12/2020 at 7:53 AM, ctbeke said:

Mm that's not supposed to happen. Can you export the logs to USB from the settings menu and send them to me via private message? After that you can try rebooting the printer to see if the webcam icon appears again.

Chris

I had the same problem happen, it worked at first then it just stopped showing the camera one day and saying about the group does not support all the features.

Once my printers are done with the print jobs they got going now in a few days, i'll set cloud back up and see if it's still doing it and if so i'll post my logs also.

1 hour ago, Carla_Birch said:

I h

I had the same problem happen, it worked at first then it just stopped showing the camera one day and saying about the group does not support all the features.

Once my printers are done with the print jobs they got going now in a few days, i'll set cloud back up and see if it's still doing it and if so i'll post my logs also.

That'd be great. We have created an internal ticket for this problem as well, I expect it to be picked up soon, but likely a firmware release is needed to deploy a fix to the field.

I'm having the same issues, first I thought it was the company internet policy so I got all the address required to use the cloud services whitelisted (I think @ctbeke posted these a month ago or so, can't remember exactly where I found them), it worked for a bit but was flaky. Now I can't get the camera icon to show even if there is no filtering or surfing policy enabled. I only upgraded my firmware in order to be able to use this feature and now it is broken too:(

9 hours ago, jkcz said:

I'm having the same issues, first I thought it was the company internet policy so I got all the address required to use the cloud services whitelisted (I think @ctbeke posted these a month ago or so, can't remember exactly where I found them), it worked for a bit but was flaky. Now I can't get the camera icon to show even if there is no filtering or surfing policy enabled. I only upgraded my firmware in order to be able to use this feature and now it is broken too:(

Please upload or send me the printers logs so I can attach these to our internal ticket. The more we know, the faster we can fix it!

We're now actively trying to reproduce and fix this issue. Will let you know in this thread if we have any results. Please keep sharing logs if you have any available.

Another update: we have deployed a potential fix to our production cloud environment that should work without firmware changes. Please monitor your connected printers the coming days to see if the issue is not occurring anymore, and please let me know if it still does!

Awesome! I had the webpage open in the background all morning, and now the camera icons both came back without even refreshing the page. Looks promising, thanks for the quick turnaround!

• Like 1

I will watch it!  thanks for the quick support

• Like 1

So far the camera is working fine on the cloud, will keep eye on it over the next week or so.

• Like 1