Prints Coming out Bad for Strange Reason

Genji_Boi

Posted · Prints Coming out Bad for Strange Reason

Hello, when I try to print the center circle with the cross in the middle, it comes out fine when printed outside the square, but when printed inside the square, it becomes blobby and obscured. Why is this happening? The circles are the exact same

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

Posted (edited) · Prints Coming out Bad for Strange Reason
    13 hours ago, DivingDuck said:

Your print bed seems to be not good leveled. The adhesion of the print looks like the nozzle is too high and/or your print speed too fast for this small part.

Well, my bed leveling is fine, plus I printed them almost next to each other as seen in the photo, the disparity between them is not caused by that. Also, I have tested printing the circle by itself individually in the exact same spot as the square circle and it comes out fine. Upon closer inspection of the print itself, it seems even though they are the same circle, the nozzle extrudes WAY more filament when printing for the circle inside of the square than outside. I can take a video if you want. I ended up fixing this by just printing the circle by itself and then keeping it on the bed and starting the new print on top of it which turned out fine.

Edited by Genji_Boi

I'm really not sure why this is happening it may have something to do with the fact that the circle in the inside of the square later on in the print builds up to connect with the square itself but both circles are the exact same dimensions and they come out vastly different on the bottom which is very frustrating

Edited by Genji_Boi

Posted · Prints Coming out Bad for Strange Reason

A look on your photo in detail:

Your parts are both not round. The right one indicate warping or bad adhesion or too fast print speed. The first one looks like the hight isn't even. The parts seems to be very small. What print speed's have you chosen for this print? It is maybe a good idea to attache your project file (*.3mf) as w/o knowing your print setup it is impossible to give you useful help. The project file include all necessary information.

wraping.PNG

Try another profile, maybe one of the settings has changed and therefore you have this strange behaviour...

I don't get why you print a square around it... what's the purpose of that!

Edited by Mari