Problems with segmenting and deforming circle

szymon

Posted · Problems with segmenting and deforming circle

Hi there! I'm in the middle of the testing my 3d printer and I have some problem while slicing circles.

I fount that that Cura (?) segmented my circles, and  in some cases make it looks weird and deform on different layers. Sometimes one segment is just missed as well .

I've model this circles with 0,4mm wall thickness in Fusion 360.

Previous I've tried with different sizes of circles and sometimes one part of circle is segmented and other piece is now. Sometimes whole circle is made from one line.
I've also tried to model just a cylinder with no top and bottom and set the wall thicknes in Cura and it works well but have problems with overlapping objects so started setting the wall thickens in Fusion.

Many examples in attachments.

Screenshot_19.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_18.png

Try making your wall thickness just slightly thicker. Or reduce the line width setting in Cura a smidge. There's also a setting called horizontal expansion which will artificially make your walls a little bit thicker. Pick one of those three and you should be good to go. Basically what's happening is that it's an edge case for the math involved in creating the line segments.

1 hour ago, IRobertI said:

Try making your wall thickness just slightly thicker. Or reduce the line width setting in Cura a smidge. There's also a setting called horizontal expansion which will artificially make your walls a little bit thicker. Pick one of those three and you should be good to go. Basically what's happening is that it's an edge case for the math involved in creating the line segments.

Thanks!
    Horizontal expansion on 0,01 mm helps 🙂