Can't Change Machine Printhead Settings

tr0g

Posted · Can't Change Machine Printhead Settings

I just got a CR-6 SE from Creality. It ships with an older customized version of Cura, so I'm trying to make a machine profile in 4.7.1.

I'm starting with Custom Machine and using the values in the shipped version to set everything up.

I can change every parameter except the Printhead X min and Y min. Those are set on -20 and -10 and I can't change them. Anybody got any idea what's going on there? 

Thanks,

tr0g

Are you changing these in a file?  Or in the Cura GUI?   I don't know much about creality but the cr6 looks like the cr10 and there are definitely cr10 machine's built into cura.  Maybe start with cr10?

So you might want to edit the  json file with your printer settings.  The printer definition files are in a "definitions" folder *somewhere* on your computer (no idea how to find this folder on a PC - maybe in c:/program files/ultimaker/??   They have the extention ".json".  Search for files that have "CR" in the name and end with ".json" and that are in a "definitions" folder.

And finally this might be horrible advice as I've never tried this but you can edit all the settings through a plugin:

Click "marketplace" in upper right of cura, make sure you are on "plugins", scroll down and alphabetically among the "P"s is "printer settings" plugin.

If you edit any json files then make sure to restart cura to get the latest machine settings loaded into cura.

I was using the GUI to input values, but your post gave me a better idea.

I copied the .json definitions file from the supplied software build into the definitions folder for 4.7. I'll see what happens when I slice and try to print. Thanks for the help.

Actually I'm really not sure how it works but cura copies a lot of these types of files to a user area as well and may only look there.  Something like %appdata%/cura.

In cura do "help" "show config folder" and it pops up two folders for me.