Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Ultimaker S3 Flow Sensor Issues?

magnetar68

Posted · Ultimaker S3 Flow Sensor Issues?

My Ultimaker S3 has been printing great for months now.  I did several prints last week without issue. Yesterday, one of the prints automatically paused with the printer reporting that filament was not flowing. I restarted the print a few times with different filaments, but I kept getting the error. This morning, I cleaned out the feeders and did hot and cold cleaning pulls on both print heads. I was hoping that would resolve the issue, but, unfortunately, it did not: my first print after the cleaning got the same error. 

I turned off the Flow Sensor in Settings and resumed the print and everything seems to be printing fine.  Any ideas?

Posted · Ultimaker S3 Flow Sensor Issues?

I would personally dry PVA for a good 8-10 hours if you have had problems with that spool, it takes in so much water so fast that it needs a real good dry.

I would also look into getting a dry box or something to store the PVA in even why you print, the polybox is good for this. I personally use breakaway myself now with PLA because i don't have a problem with what i print needing support in places i can not get to, so i print with supports as PLA and the floor and roof of the supports with Break away.