CR10S Pro says In the Pause when starting to print

Posted · CR10S Pro says In the Pause when starting to print

I recently upgraded to a BL Touch on my CR10S Pro using Tiny Machines firmware DW6.2.  I also upgraded Cura to 4.7.1 and sliced a model then started to print.  The printer says In the Pause at the top of the mCCR10SPRO_Circle Template.gcodeain screen and locks up.  I am trying to find out what causes this.  Any ideas?  My gcode for a small circular model is attached.

Posted (edited) · CR10S Pro says In the Pause when starting to print

M420 S1 Z2 ;Enable ABL using saved Mesh and Fade Height

I don't have a CR10 but from reading the other threads, your printer doesn't like M420.

In the Cura forum, there is a thread about "How do I get rid of this triangle".  There was a lot of talk and then a member named "civit" posted this:

"I was having this problem with a new cr10s pro v2. It was quite annoying. The fix suggested above works, however, and now my gcode from cura works perfectly.

"Change this

G28 ;Home
    M420 S1 Z2 ;Enable ABL using saved Mesh and Fade Height

To this:

G28 ;Home
    G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
    G29 ;Enable ABL using saved Mesh and Fade Height"

That change seems to have made a lot of people happy.

There might be an updated "machine definition" file for Cura as well.

Edited by GregValiant

That didn't solve my problem. 

After I had the problem with 4.7.1, I installed 4.6 again and sliced a part and it ran fine.  Then I ran the same part with 4.7.1 and the printer pauses with "In the Pause".  I went back to 4.6.2 and got the same result.

Then I used RevoUninstaller, took out 4.7.1 and all the files associated with it.  Did the same with 4.6.2.  Then re-installed 4.6.2.  I selected the CR 10S Pro out of the list of printers, sliced the circle again and got the same result.  Where are the printer files located that have the starting and ending gcode?

Is there a way to step through the code to see which line causes this?

It isn't a problem for all printers.  The Creality machines don't like file names over 16 characters.  Of course Creality doesn't explain that anywhere.  Each of us pretty much has to find out by ourselves.

Yes.  There are a lot of things that are a lot of things that aren't explained.  I don't understand why the firmware can't just take the first 16 characters and go ahead and print.

13 minutes ago, ajordan said:

I don't understand why the firmware can't just take the first 16 characters and go ahead and print.

Then it would be a feature, so it is a bug 🙂 

16 characters must be enough... long long time ago you only had 8 characters for filenames.... I still keep filenames as short as possible...

So stop complaining and start printing...😉