Bigger Prints

ccookson60

Posted · Bigger Prints

Hi All I am new to 3 d printing. I have a ender 3 pro and I'm trying to print something that's 205mm wide cura will not slice it and says the bed is two small. i have the bed is set up as 220mm x 220mm any ideas what i am dong wrong ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted · Bigger Prints

Did you select the Ender 3 Pro or the Ender 3 as printer when installing Cura? The restricted areas on the Ender 3 profile are a little bigger as on an Ender 3 Pro!

There are more topics about this "problem". Try the search-option to find them!

Posted · Bigger Prints

It should be possible to print something that is 205mm in the 220x220 buildplate-setting of the Ender 3 (Pro).

Sometimes options in Cura are of influence of what can be printed and what can not be printed, one of these options is "Build Plate Adhesion - SKIRT".

I have set my printer to 220x220, imported an object and scaled it so it it 205mm wide...

Skirt active, not able to slice:

BBV220x220_OBJ205mm_SKIRT_Active.thumb.png.bed0e9d26314a2d8449a88ab2fc021e9.png

Skirt NOT active, able to slice:

BBV220x220_OBJ205mm_SKIRT_NOTActive.thumb.png.6e2983977b5d6e6d11cb4630aff08243.png

I checked my previous printer settings, that was 235x235 for my Ender 3 Pro...