Start gcode ignored when starting prints via wifi on an MKS board based printer

janikmdietz

Posted (edited) · Start gcode ignored when starting prints via wifi on an MKS board based printer

Hi I'm new in the forums and hoping for help : )

I am using Cura as my go to slicer for a heavily modified Creality Ender 3 printer. When I swapped the original board for an MKS GEN V1.4 with the TFT35 touch screen I had the option to add wifi to the printer, which I did shortly after. I installed the hardware module, downloaded the plugin for Cura and at first everything seemed to work perfectly fine - I could send gcode commands, jog the printer and set temperatures, all through Cura as expected. 

However when sending a print over, Cura seems not to include the starting gcode as my printer just starts moving and tries to print without prior homing, heating up or anything else from the starting gcode. 

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything. When exporting the gcode directly to my files instead of sending it to the printer the Start Gcode is included, just when I send it it seems missing. Checked that with Repetier-Host too. 

Hope anyone has ideas, thank you in advance! 

Edited by janikmdietz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies