Material Station noise PVA Support

SensataPDS

Posted · Material Station noise PVA Support

Hi Folks first thread here for me, i have recently become responsible for a brand new S5 Pro bundle and have within the last few days started to hear a grinding, gear skipping sort of noise from the material station in bay A which i have only used for Ultimaker PVA support material and still do. 

I have uploaded a video for your thoughts, the spool does not seem to be controlled by the rollers while i am printing, rather driven from inside the station as if its being dragged.

VID_20201015_100630.zip

• 2 years later...

I hope all the noise you hear is not from the Material Station (as it sounds more like a saw).😆

However I can add to the discussion the fact that even in ours (S5 Pro Bundle) for a couple of mornings when I arrive at the office I have heard that the Material Station is making some small noise (perhaps after updating the S5 to the latest firmware version).
    Stuff of a few seconds and for 4/5 times within 5 minutes (like a small vibration of the motor that moves the materials) then for the rest of the day nothing more (or at least that's what it seems to me since then there are several activities that could cover the sound).
    Maybe some default operation provided by the new firmware?

• 3 weeks later...
    On 10/25/2022 at 8:02 AM, Skylink said:

I hope all the noise you hear is not from the Material Station (as it sounds more like a saw).😆

However I can add to the discussion the fact that even in ours (S5 Pro Bundle) for a couple of mornings when I arrive at the office I have heard that the Material Station is making some small noise (perhaps after updating the S5 to the latest firmware version).
    Stuff of a few seconds and for 4/5 times within 5 minutes (like a small vibration of the motor that moves the materials) then for the rest of the day nothing more (or at least that's what it seems to me since then there are several activities that could cover the sound).
    Maybe some default operation provided by the new firmware?

Since moving away from PVA and using breakaway i have not had this issue.