Cura 4.7 printer profile

Posted · Cura 4.7 printer profile

Hi everyone,

I have a Creatbot PEEK 300.  I am working on getting it setup in Cura.  Currently I have a couple problems.

1. The heated chamber for this printer uses M6013 in the gcode.  However Cura sets this to M141.  Is there any way I can change this?  I am using Marlin for the gcode flavor.
  2. When printing the first layer, it is running to fast.  I have the print speed set to 30mm/s and first layer speed is 15mm/s.  However it seems to only run with the 30mm/s speed.  Looking at the gcode, it sets the speed using "G1 F900 X117.799 Y121.484 E0.02677".  Looks like non printing moves use F3600 and if I scroll down further in the gcode, it seems to set it to F1800.  I am not sure how these numbers correlate to mm/s, but I would guess that F1800 is 30mm/s F900 is 15mm/s.  Although it definetely does not look like that is the speed the head is moving.

Thank you for the help

Edit,

The speed is working.  So now I just need to figure out the heated chamber.

I tried setting M6013 S{Build Volume Temperature}

and also S{M141} in the start Gcode.

but neither of these work.

The replacement pattern is {build_volume_temperature} (the exact spelling is very important),

this should be replaced by the configured temperature:

M6013 {build_volume_temperature}

see here for a full list:

http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/Replacement_Patterns.html

@ahoeben may correct me, if I'm wrong...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
    On 10/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, AcSYS said:

Edit,

The speed is working.  So now I just need to figure out the heated chamber.

I tried setting M6013 S{Build Volume Temperature}

and also S{M141} in the start Gcode.

but neither of these work.

If you finally find the way to make a profile in cura for the creatbot PEEK - 300, please share it with the community.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 printer profile

Cura doesn't support Higher extruder temperatures, when I set in profile 420 Celsius, it makes it red and doesn't allow to slice. How were you able to increase the temperature, its easy to modify in the gcode, but printing peek depends a lot on temperature variations and dynamic fan speeds, which cura provides. So I guess we need to make a lot of changes in the gcode.

Edited by najeeb