From mirco SD to USB 2.0

Posted · From mirco SD to USB 2.0

Dear people,

Ā 

My 3D printer takes a micro SD. My PC takes a USB2.0.

So every time I have to put this microSD cart in a little usb stick that I can put in my PC.

So what I would like to add to the printer is a USB 2.0 slot.

Ā 

What I need for this is a cable that goes from microSD to USB2. I can not find this online, can someone make a recommendation?

Ā 

The housing for these cables I can just print of course and attach to the printer.

It would be nice if it is possible if I can turn the one microSD slot into multiple slots (microSD, USB2, USB3, SD).

Ā 

Thank you!

Posted (edited) · From mirco SD to USB 2.0

... impossible... you can't connect USB to a Micro-SD slot ...

Ā 

Your printer probably also has a USB connector... but without telling the brand/type of printer we can't be sure!

Edited by Mari

But anyway, printing via USB is not the best solution, because you permanently stream the gcode to the printer. When something happens on your computer your printer stops and the job failed.Ā 
    Ā 

So even if it is annoying to handle the sdĀ card, it is the best and safest solution.

Posted (edited) · From mirco SD to USB 2.0

Before you can use High Floating HDMI you need power... Just bought a wireless set šŸ¤Ŗ__wirelesspower.thumb.jpg.a860f1d5c2ea3c4c25d688d25b92d41d.jpg

Ā 

I use a Raspberry Pie 3B+ with octoprint to get my printer going...

Edited by Mari

Wireless Power, Great!Ā šŸ¤£