Calibration

Pena

Hi,

I'm here because I am desperate, I've had this problem with my S5 sense I purchased it. 

I would like to correct an issue with the XY calibration, it not printing within the perimeters of the calibration chart. 

Can anyone "Please" review the attached photo and advise of a process that will help me correct this alignment issue?  

IMG_7063.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted · Calibration

Hi Sanderv,

I appreciate your help, I am still having the same issues with the print core alignment, this happens when I use a support material.

Can you please guid me in a direction to correct my material alignments, the PVA material overlaps my ABS/TPU materials?

See attached photos    

IMG_7298 2.JPG

IMG_7297.JPG

Posted · Calibration

Hi Sanderv,

Sorry to have bothered you, I uninstalled and reinstalled the cura software and now the printing cores are aligned.

I hope all is fixed, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Again thank you!

Dan

Glad to hear so! I imagined you would need to do an X/Y calibration. This may be necessary if you combine a new pair of print cores. Happy to hear it works now. Have a great day! 

Posted · Calibration

Hi Sanderv,

I was wondering if I could pick your 3D intelligence mind?

I have several areas in my print that have sheared apart from each other, I'm confused because it only affected one part (middle pic). The material is ABS with a PVA support.  I am debating whether to use a teflon or nylon based material along with an alternate support material (breakaway or aqueous).  

Please see the attached pic and let me know your opinion or what I can do to prevent this from occurring?  

Sphere ABS 2.JPG

Sphere ABS 3.JPG

Sphere ABS.JPG

Hi, it is called delamination and usually occurs when the print cools down too fast. This is particularly relevant for materials with high shrinkage like ABS. You could try to print with less fan, or keep the build volume hotter (not too hot, because you will run into other issues). Nylon (and I suspect teflon too) can also suffer from delamination, maybe Nylon a little bit less than ABS. But the remedy remains the same, as described earlier.

It doesn't look like Ultimaker ABS, but perhaps these guidelines might help you configure the right settings.

Hope this helps! 

Posted · Calibration

Yes, you're correct, it's not Ultimaker ABS, I purchased the material with the printer from CA MatterHacker. I wish Matterhacker would've been honest and explained I had the option to purchase Ultimaker material being new to 3D Printing. 

I've purchased BASF Innofil3D PAHT CF15 filament.  I'm worried about the Cura Material app setting and if they are sufficient/correct.  If so, would you suggest I try this next?

I also want to use BASF Ultrafuse Metal Filament, but I have no experience with this material.  I'm curious if the BASF app adjusts for the shrink rate or if I have to manually adjust.  I appreciate any thoughts.  

Again, thank you for all your help!

Dan

Just now, Pena said:

Yes, you're correct, it's not Ultimaker ABS, I purchased the material with the printer from CA MatterHacker. I wish Matterhacker would've been honest and explained I had the option to purchase Ultimaker material

I'm not saying it is bad filament. Ultimaker ABS can also show delamination. One brand of ABS is not necessarily the same as a different brand ABS, that is why I suggested those guidelines may not be exactly fitting for matterhackers ABS, but they might give you a direction.

You should feel comfortable to use the material profile that is embedded in Cura, when you want to use  BASF Innofil3D PAHT CF15. Make sure you use a CC core though! 

Ultrafuse can be really great, but difficult. We have a podcast about it which launches tomorrow, it will be published on https://www.talkingadditive.com/. I recommend you check it out tomorrow for more information on this subject! A week later we will have an AMA on twitter with a product expert familiar with UltraFuse, so you can ask him any questions you have, after listening to the episode tomorrow! 👍

Posted · Calibration

Awesome, I look forward to the podcast! I'll use a CC 0.6. Again thanks!