Stringing Issue

Kadu

Posted · Stringing Issue

Hello all,

I am having an issue with Cura adding what seems to be strings.  The orange lines in the picture below print and are a pain to remove from print.  They seem to not serve any function other than to increase clean up time.  I have added the printer settings I have on the lower right of the picture.  I am using a .8mm head with Amazon PLA Filament. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1154918991_ScreenShot2020-10-24at10_37_20PM.thumb.png.a09f52968581c8eb5556ff599871ac27.png

Posted · Stringing Issue

Could be a lot and it is hard to say just from a screenshot, but here some points:

• print cooler, cool as possible
    • use another filament, cheap filament is often not the best solution
    • play with the retract settings
    • increase travel speed
    • check the combing section, are the travel paths retracted or not

I guess the main problem is the 0.8 nozzle in combination with a material which oozes too much. But maybe you get better results when you try to print cooler.

Posted · Stringing Issue

I increased my travel speed to 120 we'll see how that works.

One question is are the orange lines in the above picture Cura anticipating stringing or is it Cura adding stringing.  cause those orange lines are not part of the model.

Posted · Stringing Issue

Here is a slice of a miniature which if i printed would be almost impossible to get clean:

627281268_ScreenShot2020-10-25at8_57_05AM.thumb.png.39848596b9b5cce7a76c546a9fa99858.png

This issue started mostly with the last update of Cura which i believe was 4.3?  I have printed mini's before and Cura has never added these orange lines to the model.

Posted · Stringing Issue

Your line colours are completely different from the defaults, so the orange lines are normally blue and these are the travel paths.

Latest stable Cura is 4.7, but the line colours were always the same.

image.thumb.png.b4c39d95fd4015b0b04f99696f9c8333.png

Posted · Stringing Issue
    36 minutes ago, Kadu said:

I increased my travel speed to 120 we'll see how that works.

120 is the default travel speed for your printer.