Support base layer partially missing

3dpotter

Posted · Support base layer partially missing

I dun goofed something. I don't know what it is.

I printed one version of this part just fine, but when I went to slice it again, a large part of the support base is missing, and the support base does like 10 or 12 walls for the support on the first layer.

I would like to know how to control the number of bottom layers for support and how many walls it does for the bottom layers. 

And why it is deciding to not do the bottom layer(s) in the indicated section in the video.

Good Quality.curaprofile

Posted (edited) · Support base layer partially missing
    1 hour ago, nallath said:

Could you share the entire project file? It might also be model related.

It is acting very weird. If i move that part around a bit it changes its support underneath.

Here is layer 3 then layer 4.

layer 3.1.png

layer 4.1.png

XL Set v1.3mf

Edited by 3dpotter

Posted · Support base layer partially missing

I opened the file in 4.7.0.  I had to move the tall detail but they all sliced fine.  I then exported the problem child and sliced it with 4.8.  Once again, it sliced fine.  We'll see what @nallath comes up with but I thought the model(s) looked good.

I did see that the tall detail is at Z=(-.0003).  If it was in a Cad program it would notice.  The bottoms of the other details appear to be on the same plane at Z=0.

The image is Layer 1 from 4.8 with Support Brim ticked and set at 4mm.  My Layer 1 looks a whole lot like your Layer 4.  

My only suggestion at this point is to go over the models and insure that their bottom sides are all at Z=0 and try slicing again.  
    Part.thumb.png.9aa89c5e7688529a1f6bc5c637995426.png