No connection to my Ultimaker 3 ext

druckpunkt3d

Posted · No connection to my Ultimaker 3 ext

Hi all,

since today my UM3ext didn't work. Yesterday everything worked fine, no probs while printing. Today I want to start a print. Connection between UM3ext and my PC is online. Everything looks pretty good. But if I try to send a print job (doesn't matter which object, whic material or which profile) Cura (4.7.1, latest version for Win 64-bit) sends the print job (doesn't matter if sending via Cloud or network) on printer side nothing happens.  No message, nothing. The print job isn't visible in the Cura PC app or in the APP or Ipad (all Apps up-to-date). After a while the printjob appears with the following error message: "Print job cannot be sent. Sending the print job in several attemps faild due to unknown reasons. Check your Network-connection, purge this print job and send it again." I tried to reset cura connect - no success. I did a complete reset of printer, Cura,... - no succes. Now I don't know what to do next. Is here someone who can help me? (You can also answer in german ;-) )

Regards, Sven

Can you try to save the file to an USB stick and use that one. Just to see if it works or not.

So you did also a factory reset, right?

Posted (edited) · No connection to my Ultimaker 3 ext

After starting via USB the App on my mobile sends a notification that a new print was started and I can see the progress in the App. In Cura I can see the status and the printing progress as well.

Edited by druckpunkt3d

Good but strange 🙂

BTW forget the mobile app, it is old and limited on functionality. 

So when you slice something and say print via network, Cura says ok sending to printer without any error but the printer does nothing right?

Just an idea, but could it be that there is something working with your local network or Cura installation?

After your factory reset and that the printer prints fine from USB I don't think it is the printer itself, but I am just guessing.

So when you slice something and say print via network, Cura says ok sending to printer without any error but the printer does nothing right?

Yes, so it works. I checked my Network but I can't see anything strange. No updates in the last weeks here. Same in Cura. I'd printed the last week without any issues and now nothing works.

And in a browser, when you enter the IP address of the printer, so you get a connection and the printer webpage?

And if you can connect to the webpage, there is a event log link. Maybe you can see something helpful there after you send a job to the printer.

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

And in a browser, when you enter the IP address of the printer, so you get a connection and the printer webpage?

Yes I get a connection. After a few seconds the printer is shown as not available, than it comes back. This two state are changing again and again.

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

And if you can connect to the webpage, there is a event log link. Maybe you can see something helpful there after you send a job to the printer.

The event log said "Print job cannot be sent. Sending the print job in several attemps faild due to unknown reasons. Check your Network-connection, purge this print job and send it again. After purging the Log everything starts from the beginning. I choose an object, put it in Cura. The printer is connected. I try to send it via Network. Cura says sending was successful. Than nothing more happens. The printer don't react and the "surveillance tab" of cura is empty. Only the printer is visible there. Now after 17 hours printing via USB (successfully), the Cura surveillance tab tells me that the print is now at 4% and ending tomorrow at 08:11.  

Magic Moment.... My UM3E just did another Update. I tried another printer directly and what happend?? It works! I will try a few prints to get sure but it seems that the issues is blown away by whatever....

11 minutes ago, druckpunkt3d said:

Yes I get a connection. After a few seconds the printer is shown as not available, than it comes back. This two state are changing again and again.

Sounds familiar...

Is it connected via WIFI? And if...:

WIFI connections on printers are usually very weak. Maybe one or more networks in the neighborhood are using the same channel from time to time and make it worse. If you can - try to configure a different channel on the WIFI router.

...or route a network cable and be happy for the rest of the printers lifetime 🙂

51 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

Sounds familiar...

Is it connected via WIFI? And if...:

WIFI connections on printers are usually very weak. Maybe one or more networks in the neighborhood are using the same channel from time to time and make it worse. If you can - try to configure a different channel on the WIFI router.

...or route a network cable and be happy for the rest of the printers lifetime 🙂

It happens on both Wlan and Wired Network. I normally use no Wlan due to its weakness. I use wired network for all fix placed devices .